The Dollar to Lebanese Lira rate for today, Monday, October 12, 2020, saw a significant decrease versus the rates last Friday; everyone is waiting for Thursday, October 15, 2020, where the nomination of a new prime minister is expected to happen.
The outcome of Thursday’s talks will definitely impact the Lira exchange rates in the exchangers black market.
Below are the Lira rates according to various black-market apps, websites, and the official rates:
|App / Website||Buy 1 USD||Sell 1 USD|
|USD Market||7700 LBP||7850 LBP|
|Lirarate.com||7900 LBP||7700 LBP|
|Lebaneselira.org*||8500 LBP||7800 LBP|
NB: Lebaneselira.org rates are not updated live, the rates you see above are at 12:00 PM Beirut time.
The official Lira rate stands at 1507.5 to 1515.
Banks Lira’s rate is at 3850 LBP with many conditions.
Lebanese Pound Intraday News:
- The USD to LBP exchange rate fell 100 to 220 points as of 11:15 AM Beirut time; this might be due to the additional areas included in the COVID-19 lockdown.
- At 3:00 PM Beirut time, the USD to LBP exchange rate dropped an additional 50 to 75 points. This might be due to the positive news coming from Prime Minister nomination talks.
- At 4:30 PM Beirut time, the Dollar to LBP witnessed an additional 100 points decrease as per the USD Market, black market app.
- At 5:30 PM Beirut time, the USD to Lebanese lira rate dropped a huge 400 points as per the different sources.
- This sudden retreat to around 1 USD = 7850 LBP is supposedly due to the positive atmosphere surrounding the new Prime Minister appointment and cabinet formation. As clearly seen, there are clear signs of a deal that is being negotiated between all concerned parties.
- At 6:20 Beirut time, the rate decreased an additional 50 points, 1 USD = 7800 LBP.
We always advise you to check back the rates regularly as we expect that the market will see a significant demand on the Dollar VS LBP.
If you have any suggestions or would like to contact us, please use the comments box below!