Yesterday, the bullish trend of the USD to LBP kept a steady pace amidst a full nationwide lockdown and a government formation stagnation. The Lira rate in Lebanon for today, November 17, 2020, as per 8 different black market applications and websites, is as follows:
|App / Website||Buy 1 USD||Sell 1 USD|
|Adde Dollar Lebanon||7850||7925|
|LBP to Dollar App||7930||7825|
|Lebanese Market LBP USD||7935||7880|
|الدولار عند الصرافين لبنان||7925||7875|
The official LBP rate stands at 1507.5 LL to 1515.
NB: WE DO NOT ENDORSE, OWN OR OPERATE ANY OF THE APPS AND WEBSITES MENTIONED ABOVE. WE ARE NOT EXCHANGERS.
Checks are withdrawn at 3,900 LL depending on each bank’s rules and regulations from the Central Bank of Lebanon (BDL); private sector companies struggle with a minimum limit of Cash LBP withdrawals.
OMT transfers are withdrawn in cash dollars or the sender’s currency.
Wire transfers are withdrawn in cash Dollar banknotes depending on the amount.
Lira Currency Intraday News:
- At 10:00 AM, the black market activity is slow; the rates are different from yesterday’s. The average Buy 1 USD to LBP is at 7,886 LL.
- At 11:00 AM, 3 black market apps “USD Market”, “LBP to Dollar” and “الدولار عند الصرافين لبنان” reported depreciation of the Lira of 30 to 50 points.
- USD to LBP telegram groups are very active as of this morning, the majority of the member’s activity is towards selling the Dollars.
- At 11:40 AM, two black market apps reported an appreciation of the USD to LBP, by 50 to 100 points, “Lebanese Market LBP USD” and “Adde Dollar Lebanon”.
- Since last week, the devaluation of the Lira is happening on a daily basis, the encouraging news of the government formation turned into a political deadlock on all levels.
- At 12:00 PM, 3 Dollar to Lebanese Lira apps reported a slight gain of the Lira by 30 to 50 points, are the other apps going to follow this trend? Check back regularly to find out.
- At 6:30 PM, the 1 Dollar to Lebanese Lira rate average from 8 different sources is steady at 1 USD = 7,916 LL.
- The Aoun – Hariri secret meeting out of the media coverage does not seem to have a positive impact on government formation. How will this affect the Lebanese Lira rate? The answer will unfold in the coming few days.
Support us by sharing this page with your family, friends, and social media accounts.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to use our live chat or the comments box below!