The Dollar to Lebanese Lira rate witnessed a huge increase yesterday, with an increase of 400 to 500 points; Thursday was a dramatic day for the Lira. That being said, Today, Friday, 20, November 2020, is usually very volatile. The rates as per 7 different black market USD to LBP apps are as follows:
|App / Website||Buy 1 USD||Sell 1 USD|
|Adde Dollar Lebanon||8200||8300|
|LBP to Dollar App||8250||8200|
|Lebanese Market LBP USD||8240||8180|
|الدولار عند الصرافين لبنان||8250||8200|
NB: WE DO NOT ENDORSE, OWN OR OPERATE ANY OF THE APPS AND WEBSITES MENTIONED ABOVE. WE ARE NOT EXCHANGERS.
The official LBP rate stands at 1507.5 LL to 1515.
Checks are withdrawn at 3,900 LL depending on each bank’s rules and regulations from the Central Bank of Lebanon (BDL); private sector companies struggle with a minimum limit of Cash LBP withdrawals.
OMT transfers are withdrawn in cash dollars or the sender’s currency.
Wire transfers are withdrawn in cash Dollar banknotes depending on the amount.
Furthermore, checks are being sold and bought on telegram groups for Lebanese Lira, or in cash Dollar banknotes depending on supply and demand.
Lira Intraday Currency News:
- The Dollar to Lebanese Lira opened up today on an average depreciation of about 100 points. Fortunately, the apps did not artificially increase the rates yesterday late evening which was a usual practice for the past 2 weeks. The average at 9:30 AM is 1 USD = 8,311 LL.
- At 11:00 AM, all of the apps except “Lebanese Market LBP USD”, reported an appreciation of the Lira of 50 to 100 points, is this a trend or the usual Friday volatility? Check back to see the updated currency rate and news.
- At 11:15 AM, the “Lebanese Market LBP USD” application reported an appreciation of the Lira of 120 points. The average Buy 1 USD is now equal to 8,211 LL.
- At 11:35 AM, the “Sarraf Lebanon” app reported a loss of 50 points for the Lira.
- At 12:20 PM, the “USD Market” app reported a slight loss of 25 points for the Lira.
- At 2:00 PM, all apps reported a change of prices, 4 increase, and 3 decreases of the Dollar value, the average is still stable.
- From 5:00 PM till 6:30 PM, all the black market apps and websites reported a loss for the Lira of 50 to 150 points.
- At 8:30 PM, the black market seems to have closed for today. The average at the end of this day Friday 20 November 2020, is 1 USD = 8,255 LL.
- We will keep monitoring the sources just in case they decided to increase the Dollar value.
At the end of this day, the average Dollar to LBP dropped by 150 points compared to yesterday.
Stay tuned for Saturday, 21 November 2020 updated numbers as of tomorrow 9:30 PM
Please support us by sharing this page with your family, friends, and social media accounts.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to use our live chat or the comments box below!