Yesterday the USD to LBP black market apps were very active, unlike the past 2 weeks; the app’s activity stopped at around 8:00 PM. The Lira rate for today, Saturday, November 21, 2020, is expected to be somewhat stable. The currency rates, according to 7 parallel market apps, are as follows:
|App / Website||Buy 1 USD||Sell 1 USD|
|Adde Dollar Lebanon||8300||8350|
|LBP to Dollar App||8350||8300|
|Lebanese Market LBP USD||8350||8270|
|الدولار عند الصرافين لبنان||8350||8300|
The official LBP rate stands at 1507.5 LL to 1515.
NB: WE DO NOT ENDORSE, OWN OR OPERATE ANY OF THE APPS AND WEBSITES MENTIONED ABOVE. WE ARE NOT EXCHANGERS.
Checks are withdrawn at 3,900 LL depending on each bank’s rules and regulations from the Central Bank of Lebanon (BDL); private sector companies struggle with a minimum limit of Cash LBP withdrawals.
OMT transfers are withdrawn in cash dollars or the sender’s currency.
Wire transfers are withdrawn in cash Dollar banknotes depending on the amount.
Furthermore, checks are being sold and bought on telegram groups for Lebanese Lira, or in cash Dollar banknotes depending on supply and demand.
USD to LBP Exchange Black Market Intraday News:
- As of 8:15 AM, Beirut time, 21-11-2020, The black market apps and websites did not post any updates yet. The market usually starts operating after 10:00 AM. Check back for updated currency rates.
- At 9:00 AM, the “Sarraf Lebanon” app reported a loss for the Dollar of 30 points, the average Buy 1 USD this morning is 8,252 LBP.
- The “Sarraf Lebanon” application also provides a chat system, and a Buy and Sell offers platform. If you check the chat, you will be amazed by what the users are saying!
- At 9:40 AM, the “الدولار عند الصرافين لبنان” application reported a loss for the Lira by 50 points compared to yesterday’s evening rate.
- At 9:45 AM, the Lirarate.com website updated the USD to LBP rate and showed a loss for the Lira by 50 points. Are the other apps going to follow the 50 points increase for the Dollar trend? Check back to see the updated numbers.
- At 10:30 AM, the “Sarraf Lebanon” app reported an appreciation of the Lira by 80 points. The average Buy 1 USD is 8,255 LBP.
- At 10:40 AM, the “USD Market” app reported depreciation of the Dollar to Lebanese Lira of 75 points.
- Is this a real bearish trend for the USD vs Lira? It is too early to say, as Saturdays are known to see a significant activity of the apps up until 9:30 PM.
- Let’s face it, downloading 1 currency exchange app will not give you a full picture of what is really going on with the USD to LBP. You need at least 5 applications to know the real exchange average right? NO! The apps will bombard you with annoying notifications, consume your battery, and slow down your phone not to mention a potential security breach. The solution? Liraexchange.com provides daily, and hourly Dollar to Lebanese Lira updates from 8 different sources with a clear average that you can rely on.
- At 11:30 AM, the “Sarraf Lebanon” App reported an additional very slight decrease in the Dollar rate of 20 points.
- At 12:10 PM, two apps, “LBP to Dollar” and “Sarraf Lebanon” reported a devaluation of the Lira by about 45 points.
- At 1:15 PM, 4 apps reported an increase for the Dollar of about 50 points.
- At 2:00 PM, 6 out of 7 applications reported an additional increase for the USD rate, reaching an average of Buy 1 USD = 8,295 LBP.
- At 2:30 PM, all the black market sources reported an increase in the USD to LBP rate.
- From 3:30 PM till 8:00 PM, all the 7 apps followed each other into the USD rate of 1$ = 8,350. Is this a shady tactic to always give hopes on weekends by starting with a slight increase in Lira value then following it with 2 or 3 kicks up for the USD? Our observation for the past 2 months indicates that tomorrow, Sunday, November 22, 2020, will witness the same tactics. Let’s see if tomorrow going to be similar to today.
Please support us by sharing this page with your family, friends, and social media accounts.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to use our live chat or the comments box below!