The Lebanese Lira rate yesterday was stable with an average Buy 1 USD equal to 8,270 LL. The USD to LBP currency exchange black market is usually active by the end of the week; the Dollar to Lebanese pound rates for today, Thursday 26, November 2020, as per 7 different black market apps are as follows:
|App / Website||Buy 1 USD||Sell 1 USD|
|Adde Dollar Lebanon||8200||8300|
|LBP to Dollar App||8300||8250|
|Lebanese Market LBP USD||8320||8270|
|الدولار عند الصرافين لبنان||8300||8250|
NB: WE DO NOT ENDORSE, OWN OR OPERATE ANY OF THE APPS AND WEBSITES MENTIONED ABOVE. WE ARE NOT EXCHANGERS. WE DO NOT ENDORSE THE RATES IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM; WE PROVIDE NUMBERS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY.
The official LBP rate stands at 1507.5 LL to 1515.
Checks are withdrawn at 3,900 LL depending on each bank’s rules and regulations from the Central Bank of Lebanon (BDL); private sector companies struggle with a minimum limit of Cash LBP withdrawals.
OMT transfers are withdrawn in cash dollars or the sender’s currency.
Wire transfers are withdrawn in cash Dollar banknotes depending on the amount.
Furthermore, checks are being sold and bought on telegram groups for Lebanese Lira, or in cash Dollar banknotes depending on supply and demand.
Lira Exchange Rate Currency News & Updates:
- 8:45 AM, Beirut time, the parallel market is not active yet. The USD rate is still the same as of yesterday afternoon. Check back for hourly updates!
- At 9:55 AM, some of the black market applications reported a slight increase of 20 to 25 points for the USD.
- At 10:05 AM, the “Sarraf Lebanon” app reported a very slight increase in the USD price of 10 points.
- At 10:20 AM, the “Adde Dollar Lebanon” app reported a USD price decrease of 50 points.
- The USD to LBP rates from the black market did not establish a clear trend yet; check back regularly for hourly updates.
- At 10:30 AM, 3 apps reported a USD price increase versus the Lira of 50 points approximately. The apps are: “Adde Dollar Lebanon,” “USD Market,” and “LBP to Dollar.”
- The average Buy 1$ this morning is 8,289 LL.
- The average Sell 1$ this morning is 8,290 LL.
- At 11:15 AM, 2 applications reported a slight USD price increase of 25 points.
- This week’s USD to LBP black market apps activity seems to be very slow. Is this due to the rumors about shutting them down?
- At 11:35 AM, 2 black USD to LBP apps reported a slight USD price decrease of 25 to 50 points.
- Are the applications going on a “Low profile” mode out of fear of an upcoming ban?
- At 13:00, today’s Lira exchange activity seems to be slow and stable. The currency rate is still the same since 11:00 AM with zero updates from the apps; is this because of the ban threat? Considering how the apps send very few notifications, one has to doubt they might be slowing down on purpose.
- The average Buy 1 USD = 8,288 LBP (13:00 PM)
- The average Sell 1 USD = 8,282 LBP (13:00 PM)
- Will the Patriarch Rahi statement from the presidential palace push the government formation wheels to speed up? The next few days will show the results.
- At 13:50, 2 apps reported conflicting price increase and decrease of the USD by 25 points each.
- At 13:55, the Lirarate.com website reported a slight increase in the Dollar price of 20 points.
- At 14:00, the “Lebanese Market LBP USD” application reported depreciation of the Lira by 20 points. It is worth noting that this app sends too many notifications with mostly bad news; whether it is intentional or not is for time to tell.
- At 16:30, the apps show little push notifications activity; the rate is somehow steady with no volatility whatsoever.
- The average Buy 1 USD = 8,290 LBP (16:40 PM)
- The average Sell 1 USD = 8,289 LBP (16:40 PM)
- At 17:30, 4 apps updated the Buy USD price in a conflicting manner by 25 to 30 points up and down.
- Since last Tuesday, it is very noticeable that the black market apps rates are only going up or down by 20 to 35 points with a scarce 50 points increase or decrease, which is very unusual considering the madness we have seen since early 2020.
- At 18:00, Adde Dollar Lebanon reported a price decrease by 70 points.
- End of day Buy 1 USD average:8,285 LBP
- End of day Sell 1 USD average: 8,285 LBP
General Observation of The Black Market Currency Exchange:
Despite the political stagnation and new government formation deadlock, the Lira rate for this week is very stable and did not reach the expected 9,000 LL for the Dollar.
Another factor that might be slowing things down is that the numerous parallel market applications face a threat to be shut down by the government due to allegations of market manipulation and artificial price increase.
This might be a reason why things have cooled down this week, in addition to the countrywide COVID-19 lockdown.
Please support us by sharing this page with your family, friends, and social media accounts.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to use our live chat or the comments box below!